Monday, February 5, 2007

Free Will...

Through the breadth of interpenetration we, the universe, all, are one entity, just different perspectives.

Our individual free will is experienced as a collapsing quantum indeterminacy within the whole.

"...I mentioned two unsolved cosmological enigmas deeply implicated in free will, the problem of consciousness and of indeterminacy in nature. I think that a full understanding of how actions outflow from agents would require a better understanding of these problems, and it may be that both the unity of conscious experience and the unity of the self-network are somehow related to the quantum character of reality, as various scientists and philosophers have suggested".

Robert
Kane, The Significance of Free Will (New York: Oxford University Press, 1998), pp. 195.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

did you see the chapter called free will in the movie "waking life"??
it should be interesting for you...bye!

n2 said...

Thanks for the comment. I missed the movie when it came out. I am going to have to track it down, though. The synopsis I read sounds like it would be right up my alley. Thanks again!