Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Paradox...

Without reducing matter to mind or mind to matter, consider that these are two sides of a single polarity. The dynamics generate a paradox, the very heart of dialectics.

When acting as awareness, this "energy gestalt" is at the receiving end of an information exchange. Tapping its rich environment, which at the moment is operating at the other end of the spectrum. The more complex the feedback mechanism the more advanced the life form it supports.

Identity morphs as its perceived form is reflected back. The genesis of in-form-ation.

Everything, of one nature, inseparable, though distinct.

Clinging to a consistent identity is fleeting. Attempts to apprehend this fluid reality leads only to contradiction. How often has history proven this, both individually and collectively?

10 comments:

Paul said...

I'm at a loss for words, which doesn't happen that often.

So how long did it take you to write this, LOL? The truth now...

Unknown said...

"Clinging to a consistent identity is fleeting."

What a fabulous, and realistic, notion!!!

n2 said...

Paul: I scribbled notes over time, when reading or just in quiet contemplation (the record feature on my cellphone gets a good workout). So the true time I can't say. When it came time to pull it all together, in all honesty, it took me two hours. I spent a good deal of that trying to make it coherent. That, I'm not always successful with, I might add.

Beth: Thank you. Mini epiphanies. I imagine lines in your poetry are like that too.

Paul said...

Actually sounds a lot like my writing process.

Unknown said...

You are most welcome and "yes" I do have my mini epiphanies. It's been good meeting you as well.

Unknown said...

You have been strangely quiet of late. Is all well?

Paul said...

Beth: At least he's not taking his blog down.

Do you think he minds us talking about him when he's out of the room?

n2 said...

Hey Beth, Paul,

I am doing well.

I stepped away and days turned into months. Sorry about that.

I hope you are doing well.

Don

Paul said...

Happy New Year -

Anonymous said...

Is it distinct? Or is the distinction an illusion? :)